Moving through my life one repetition at a time.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Year One in Reflection

Where did the last few months go? I feel like as soon as June hit time as flown by. I actually feel like the last 7 months since I started this blog have been years rather than months since so much has gone on. My husband and I recently celebrated our one year wedding anniversary last month. This was a perfect time to reflect on the things we’ve done together in the last year as well as look back on the challenges we’ve overcome together.

After our wedding we traveled to Disney World and Harry Potter world and realized we are too old for intense roller coasters. We had an enjoyable football season at the temporary playing location for our beloved alma mater. We took advantage of my work trip to Denver and got to experience the Rocky Mountains for the first time. We enjoyed the holidays together as a married couple and then traveled to the other side of the world to Australia. We survived two 12 hours plus plane rides and 24 hour travel days together. We explored three absolutely new cities together in a foreign country. 



Since the turn of the new year we've been on quite the roller coaster ride. We began our fertility journey and got really lucky with success on the first try. I think we all know what happened in May when we said goodbye to our little one without being able to say hello. After that we were able to get away to Florida for a holiday weekend with my family. Once we returned I had a cyst removed from my face that had been bothering me for months but I had been putting off. We also had a lot of work done around our house which kept us on our toes but also set us up for some great pool parties and sunsets this summer. 



Once I was finally cleared to do any activity again I decided to take full advantage of it. We gathered some friends and went to skyzone. I took advantage of being in LA for work and took a trip to Disneyland and rode all the rides. The 2015 All-Star Game was in our city and we did almost every fan event. We went on a scavenger hunt around the city for the All Star Mustaches. We spent a morning exploring All Star Fan Fest. Since the game month coincided with anniversary month we choose to exchange tickets for both the All Star Game and the Home Run Derby. After all the tickets were "paper", right? We also experienced the zip line that went through the entertainment district near the ball park. All Star week was quite the adventure and so exciting to be a part of. 



Now August is here and I can't believe that summer is almost over. Reflecting on the last year as a married couple (which might be my new year in review timeline vs. the new year) and specifically the last few months life has presented us with many challenges. We have been able to overcome those challenges and I think they've only made us stronger together. Yes, this is getting a little sappy but I really cannot imagine life any other way. I wish some of the circumstances had gone a little different but in the end we seem to be happy, healthy, and doing well. Some days are harder than others and some situations continue to challenge us. I know we will continue to carry on and we'll be ready to tackle that next bump in the road whenever we might hit one again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment