Moving through my life one repetition at a time.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Giving up my favorite hobbies

I knew once I got pregnant I would have to change my lifestyle a bit but after everything I've learned I quickly realized my life would have to be changing a lot sooner. I knew if I decided to go through with the treatment my physical fitness routines would be drastically changing. So in order to really prepare myself for the changes regardless of the route I went I decided I'd give myself a deadline. My deadline was a CrossFit competition here locally and after the competition I would start making changes.

I pushed myself really hard to perform well at the competition. I called it my last hurrah and I sure did make a great last performance. I ended up placing 2nd overall in the scaled division. This was the icing on the cake but I knew that also meant my time had come. I would be giving up CrossFit and soccer. And of course running and anything else that could be high intensity. I was pretty much going to be limited to walking, elliptical, yoga and some light bodyweight exercises. 

I know it sounds so trivial to give up exercise and some might be rejoicing to stop exercise but for me it was a rough thought to overcome. As many people know exercise is a part of me. It's my de-stresser. It's my favorite hobby. It's been a big part of my life for the last few years. It's brought new opportunities and friends. I have a full set up of CrossFit equipment in my garage for gosh sake. I knew this was going to be a rough change but I also knew it would all be worth it in the end!

I wanted a family more than I wanted or needed CrossFit, soccer, running, or whatever I wasn't able to do. I would just find a way to love walking and yoga instead. I decided to look at this new adventure in a positive way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment