Moving through my life one repetition at a time.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Monitored Closely

After the first four days of injections I was brought back to the doctor's office to be monitored for progress. An ultrasound was performed to see how well my ovaries were simulating on the medication. The first ultrasound didn't show much but it did show that the medicine was doing its job which was to start growing a follicle. After the first monitoring appointment I was sent back home with another three days of injection protocol and a follow up appointment in a few days.

At the second appointment, the stimulation results seemed to be very good. I had one follicle that was measuring around 18.5mm and it was expected to grow at least 2 mm a day until ovulation. At this time we pretty much knew that unless another follicle happened to grow in the next few days or that my egg when released happened to split our chances for multiples was very slim. This was a relief and also sadness at the same time as we thought having twins would have been neat but we were also just happy that the process was working and we were on the right track. We also figured having one kid at a time was probably the better route!

 I was given instructions on the next few days of protocol which included a few more days of the hCG hormones and then an ovidrel shot that would make me ovulate. Due to the results of my coitus test, the decision was made to perform an IUI the day following the ovidrel shot. This would give us the best chances on getting pregnant this round. So although it wasn’t the most glamorous way to make a baby we knew it was the best way to get to the end result. So Monday morning after the ovidrel shot I traveled into the RE office and the IUI was performed. I had to hang out in the office and relax for about 10 minutes following the procedure then was on my way to work with instructions to go about my day normally.


At this time I knew something was happening in my body. I was feeling very bloated and full in the abdomen region. I had cramping and subtle pain every once in a while and I knew that this was a good sign although it was rather uncomfortable. I actually almost feel like I felt ovulation occur in my body but who knows. I knew things were happening like they should so I tried my best to stay positive and not think about it too much.  We had 16 long days ahead of us to get through until we’d find out whether this cycle was successful or not.  


No comments:

Post a Comment