Moving through my life one repetition at a time.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

D-Day!

Once the 16th day after the IUI came I almost couldn't sleep I was so excited and nervous. I think I woke up about three times throughout the night and finally at 5:30 AM got up and tested. I can recall being very nervous by having to use the bathroom so bad I didn't have any stage fright.

I was given a generic pregnancy test from my RE so it had only a line to look for. I dipped the stick appropriately and waited the recommended time to see if the extra line would appear. Immediately I could see two faint lines which meant I was pregnant. I told my husband to come see what he thought as I wasn't sure if I was seeing things out of belief or if the lines were real. He said he couldn't tell but it looked like there was two lines. 



We decided to run over the grocery store and pick up another test just to be sure. So at 5:45 AM we ran over to buy another test. I bought one that was a little more explicit on the results; a cross vs. just lines. So once again I took the pee on a stick test twice and quickly the cross showed up! At this point, I was really excited and also in disbelief. Was I really this lucky to get pregnant the first time going through fertility treatments?! 


Of course right at 7 AM when my doctors office opened I called with the news and curiosity on what to do next! I had to go right away and get a blood test taken. I went to a local lab and got my blood tested before work so I could get the results back that afternoon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment