Moving through my life one repetition at a time.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

D-Day continued

Of course after the first pee tests and after talking to the doctors office we updated the people that knew today was the day for us to test. A group message for my family, a test to my husband's mom, and a few text messages later in the day to those few girlfriends who knew what I was going through. Everyone was so excited but knew we still had awhile to  go before we were in the clear and could really share the news!

I got the first blood test results back around 2 PM (beta was 638) that day and immediately scheduled my follow up test two days later. This second blood test would measure the levels of hcg. These levels should double every 48-72 hours while pregnant and continue to increase until the second trimester. This test would show whether a healthy pregnancy was developing. 

2 comments:

  1. It's fun to read your story even though I know how it ends. Glad you have a blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel! Thank you for blogging about your experiences and now life as a new mom.

      Delete