Moving through my life one repetition at a time.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Two Week Wait: Week One

The dreaded two week wait plus two days was upon us. I knew this time would be hard and I of course asked many of my friends who had been through this time on advice. Some said to just try to stay busy, and one said she researched baby stuff. I personally knew putting the cart before the horse wouldn't work for me. Heck, after dating for several years I never really started planning our wedding until after the proposal was complete. So I tried to stay busy and tried to stay as active as I could by doing yoga and walking.

Unfortunately, the two weeks were quite eventful. I ended up coming down with major tooth pain and having to get a root canal done at an emergency dentist. This is obviously not ideal in my current situation but I didn't know what else to do. The pain was so bad and nothing would work to ease it. So I went into the office knowing that the procedure was okay for someone who was expecting although most doctors recommend not having these types of procedures during the first trimester if at all possible. I figured I would classify this procedure in the category of a mother not knowing she was pregnant and drinking a lot before the first missed day of her period. And I had to get this done; the pain was the worst pain ever!


After the procedure I had a lot of pain due to the procedure although it was way less than before. I had started taking Advil but shortly realized that Tylenol was the better choice in my current situation. Opps, three days of Advil, sorry potential future child! 

No comments:

Post a Comment