Moving through my life one repetition at a time.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Two Week Wait: Week Two

The second week was a little less eventful but we had plenty of activities going on that kept our mind off the unknown. I did however have to go into the doctor’s office one week after the IUI to check my progesterone levels. This was a short and sweet appointment and only had to leave a little blood behind to be tested. The results really weren't going to tell us anything except whether my body was producing enough progesterone in the event I was indeed becoming pregnant. 

I wasn't allowed to test until 16 days after the IUI. Most people are told to test after 14 days but I guess since they weren't entirely sure when I would have ovulated they rather you be safe than sorry with a false negative. So I knew the closer I got to that date the more likely I would see blood in the result I was no pregnant so naturally I was checking very closely every time I went to the bathroom. By the time I made it through Monday with no hint of not being pregnant I felt a little better and slightly hopeful but knew I still had one more day to make it through and I had no idea how my body would react to anything since I have not had a period in several years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment